Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Sister, Kelly and I share a Special Birthday today!


Today I celebrated my birthday along with my little sister, Kelly. Yes, she was born on my birthday when I was 5 years old. I can still remember when Mom came home with a baby. I stayed with my Grandma Springer (if I remember right) while Mom was in the hospital. It seems like yesterday. But, it was 50 years ago! Yes, Kelly turned the big 5-0!! In honor of this big birthday for her, I sent her flowers. She was thrilled! I was thrilled to be able to do this for her!

I had a great birthday. It started off with a message from my Grandson, Jace, trying to say "Happy birthday, Grandma" but all I heard was his mother saying to him, tell Grandma Happy Birthday, over and over in the background! It must of been to early for him to talk! I talked to my Mom and thanked her for the check that she sent to me! Then Jodi called me to wish me a Happy Birthday! While I was talking with her, I missed my exit for work. So, I took a tour of the Westside of Cleveland on my birthday! Ha! When I got to work, I had two presents on my desk and a lot of cards. My boss went over and above on my birthday gift! I was thrilled! He gave me a digital photo frame. It is really, really nice. I was taken out to lunch by Stephanie, only she couldn't go due to a meeting. So, Gail and Donna and I went with Steph's credit card in hand! When I returned from lunch, I had a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries sitting on my desk. They were delivered while we were at lunch. It was from Pod and his Mommy and Daddy. It is called an Edible Bouquet. It is so cute! Donna gave me a beautiful necklace, Dave bought me a lottery ticket, Gail bought me a book and gift card for shopping, Joel gave me a hug and I loved that! I got a lot of cards from co-workers and a honeybun from one of my favorite staff persons along with lots of phone calls, happy birthday wishes and emails! Steve was out on appointment, but, when he returned, he had bought an Ice Cream Cake from Dunken Donuts!! I love ice cream! So we all had ice cream cake at 3:30 today.



Yesterday, Kathy surprised me and came over to our office to take me to lunch. She also took a picture of Jace and Me that I had sent to her and cropped it and placed it in the most beautiful frame! I loved it! It looks so nice. When Jodi came up last Saturday for our traditional Christmas shopping spree that we always do around my birthday, she had a gift for me. She gave me a book and (she knows how much I love my camera)rechargable batteries! Everyone was so generous and made my day so special. If only I was getting younger rather than older. My ex-husband said that my age sounds like a speed limit! Men.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a pic of the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bouquet? That sounds soooo good. Jaime had a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to know people love you and care so much about you? I'm so glad your day was special - not nearly as special as you yourself but close!

    ReplyDelete

Followers