Yea, I know! What a mess!
So many things run through your mind when you can’t seem to fall asleep.
It all started when the doctor told me that I needed to get out of the house and do something that I like to do. Well, I thought to myself "what do I like to do?". My first thought was to go shopping. But, with little money (now that I am “car poor”) I didn’t want to go shopping.
So, I went “thrifting” instead
and found this gem of a shelf for $4.00. Well, $3.99, but, who’s counting? Oh yea…I am!! When I saw this shelf I knew it was perfect for my bathroom wall. Yes, those are chickens on that wallpaper in the middle of the shelf. How will chickens fit in my bathroom? They don’t. But when you are thrifting, you don’t really look at the piece, you vision the piece! My vision was to remove the chicken wallpaper, replace it with some beadboard, paint the whole thing white, add a few black hooks and wha la…you have a new towel rack to replace the 1980’s towel rack that is currently on the bathroom wall. Current 1980’s Towel Rack
When I got the shelf home, I held it up to the wall and I instantly had another vision. This time the vision was the wall without the wallpaper! And that is when the vision got stuck in my head on Saturday night and all I could think about is how I was going to redecorate my bathroom!
I know I laid there for the longest time before I fell asleep! I had so many great ideas running around in my head!and started stripping wallpaper. What a chore! It was a four step process. First I tore off the face of the wallpaper. That left the backing still on the wall. I then wet the backing. Well, wet isn’t a very good word. More like SOAKED the backing! I had water everywhere! I had towels mopping up all the puddles on the floor. Oh my gosh, what a mess. There has to be a better way to do this. After soaking the backing and wiping up all the water, I used a putty knife and scraped off all the glue from the wall. Then I had to wipe the wall down to get rid of any leftover glue that I missed with the putty knife. I got my exercise that day! My back was killing me by the end of the day.
Shows from left to right the blank wall, the backing wall and the wallpaper.
I’m glad I have a small bathroom.
I finished stripping the wallpaper and putting the bathroom back together by Sunday afternoon. Now my walls are bare and it looks so different. This project will probably take five years to complete, but, I at least have it started. I’ll keep you posted as to my progress! Just don’t hold your breath in between posting!!









Great minds can't sleep at night alike. lol!
ReplyDeleteI'm new to your blog (thanks for signing up as a follower which lead me back to visit you)! I'm off to check out more. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the bathroom. I just finished one of ours...it's so rewarding.
Have a happy holiday season! Nice to meet you!
Roeshel