Said the little old man: I do that too.
The little boy whispered: I wet my pants.
I do too, laughed the old man.
Said the little boy: I often cry.
The old man nodded: So do I.
But worst of all, said the boy, it seems Grown-ups don't pay attention to me.
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand. I know what you mean, said the little old man.
Trunk I am working on:
The trunk had been sitting in the back of an old trailer. I think I bought it for $15.00. Filthy dirty, so, I had to wipe it down before I brought it in the house. Then I started to peel the wallpaper off the inside top of the trunk.
That was a mistake. It was not wallpaper, it was very thick cardboard that was the backing of the truck so the lid would not dent.
This is what it looked like when I was finished with the top of the inside lid. Yea, that brown stuff is the metal you see. My landlord made a thin wooden board to glue on the inside top of the truck so the outside metal doesn't get dented. My landlord is an angel. The metal is very thin. Who would have thought a trunk that traveled every where would be made out of thin metal?
The latch is broken. I think I can fix this.
I put a coat of primer on the inside. Started to mess around with the hinges and closures. I think they are brass. I still have some cleaning to do on them. This is what I have so far. More to come as I continue to work on this project!
Check out the mess behind the trunk. Boxes, boxes everywhere!
MY MOTTO: NEVER THROW ANYTHING OUT, EVER!
My Mom got a phone call from a company that she didn't understand what they were trying to explain to her. Actually, they were being kind of vague. She tells them that she is not interested and hangs up the phone.
A few days later, my Uncle Mark calls Mom to ask her if she had gotten a phone call about buying mineral rights. Long story short, some time ago a family member purchased property. When he sold the property, he didn't sell the mineral rights. I think this is how the story went. This company had done intensive research to find all the living family members of our family to share the wealth of drilling ($18.00) on the property if there were any profits, or something like that. Mom said that they were going to send her a copy of our family tree. I was so excited to see this. I love Ancestory.com. Mom made copies and gave me a copy! Yea, Mom!
(here's where my motto comes in...Never throw anything out!)
I turned the picture over and pulled all the 1,000 staples out of it. Well, it seemed like 1,000 staples. I removed the backing, cleaned the glass. I placed the family tree copy on the glass. I saved the picture that I loved by turning it over and used it as part of the backing. If I ever want the picture again all I have to do is remove the staples! I restapled the back onto the frame. This is how it looks now.
I'm sorry for the sideways picture, but, if you just turn your laptop/iPad to the left you have the picture straight up! lol.... When I had the family tree framed, I decided it looked a little boring. I may add something to the copy to fill in the bare spots a little. That will be another project for another day.
The "campground" is really coming along! My landlord did most of this himself with a little help from his friends.
I'm sorry for the poor quality of some of the pictures. I took the pictures through the craft room window. One more cabin to go in on the right side of the picture above. These little cabins are so cute! There will be a firepit, picnic table, a little street light and lots of landscaping for each cabin.
He expects to rent these out to the Marselous Shale workers. Just hope those guys aren't rowdy. Yea, right!My little old man called me this week. He said that new tractor place has everything! lol. Now that his car is fixed, he is running all around Belmont County! Good for him!
That's all for now. I hope all of you are doing pretty good!
I love you all!!
Dana



The trunk looks awesome! You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, thank you for your compliments on the trunk!
ReplyDeleteDana