Saturday, November 24, 2012

It All Happens at Once!

Happy Birthday, Dad!  He would have been 85 years old today.  We miss him.  Especially at Thanksgiving.  He would play cards with us and scream "You don't trump your buddy's ace!".  And we miss all his little antics that he would play on us.  He has been gone 6 years and seems like yesterday to me.

Just wanted to give all of you a quick update.

On November 2nd, one of my classmates from my graduating class contacted me via Facebook.  We went out and enjoyed each other's company.  It seems like terrible timing for me and for him, but, God had a hand in it, so, the timing must be right.  For those of you that went to MFHS, his name is Doug Jenree.  I don't remember him very well, but, he remembered me.  Hmmm, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing!  lol
 
This is Doug in his tux from a wedding that he was in acting like 007.  Men.
 
On November 19th, I finally, finally got the title to the trailer!  Can you believe it?  After almost a year.  Since I have been living in the apartment while waiting to buy the trailer, I have spent most of my savings.  Now I can't redo the trailer like I wanted to.  So, I will do little bits at a time.
 
The living room from the front hallway.
 
I am replacing the flooring right away.  I want to put a new ceiling in, primer finished up and paint the walls before the flooring goes in.  Then I'll need a stove, refrigerator and wash machine. Then I can start moving into my new home.  The last time I moved was in February, puring down rain.  I just hope that we don't have to go through that again.  I better watch what I wish for as we might have 8 inches of snow!  I feel a little overwhelmed right now with the holidays fast approaching and a new "friend" to make time for.  I guess it will all fall into place.  I'm just so glad it is over.  I don't think it has sunk in yet that the trailer is actually mine now.
 
I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving.  So much to be thankful for.  My sister, Kelly and her family were in from NC.  So, glad they could be with us. We missed Eric, Jodi's husband, because he had to work and we missed Tiffany, Clayton's wife, because she had to work.  We celebrated yesterday, Friday, our Thanksgiving dinner.  Good food and lots of laughing!  My grandson, Andrew was the highlight of the day.   Mom had drawn some pictures in the 1990's.  There were 13 pictures in all.  Kelly had them framed and Mom let us choose which drawing we liked.  Each sister and Grandchildren chose from 13 drawings.  I chose the one that reminded me of England because of my pen pal.   Everyone chose a picture that meant something to them.  No fights over the same picture which made us happy. 
 
I am working on finishing up some Christmas gifts that I am making.  Then wrapping and shipping the ones that I have for Jaime's family.  I won't get to her house this year with everything that is going on.  I'm sure Joe will be fine with that!!  No mother-in-law to put up with. lol.
 
That's all for now.  I need to get busy again. 
 
Love you all,
Dana
 
 




2 comments:

  1. awesome post! so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! missed being there. will miss you at Christmas but so excited for you and all that is going on good in your life. love you so much!!! by the way, joe will miss you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, thank you for your comments on this post. I hope your Christmas will be joyful.

    ReplyDelete

Followers