
I have worn a coat to work once. We have been experiencing unusually warm weather this week. Actually, all this fall has been really nice except for a 40 degree cold spell with rain. Wednesday, I actually mowed my yard and did some gardening clean up that I didn’t get done because I was on vacation visiting my grandson. I hope that is the last time I have to mow grass in 2008.
Even though the weather feels almost as good as Spring, reality is that it’s very close to that time of the year when we are making lists for Christmas shopping. We exchanged names at work. I already have a great idea for a gift for this person. I have gotten some Christmas shopping done. I used to love to get Christmas gifts. What fun it was to open the package and be so surprised by what someone had given to me. But somewhere between then and now that all changed. Now I get all excited waiting to see the face on the person I am giving a gift to. The look of surprise and that face that says to me that all of my wondering what to get them and all that shopping and wrapping was so worth it! Now that’s fun!

Jaime received the most beautiful diaper bag as a shower gift and I feel in love with it. A girl in TN makes them. She makes a purse that looks like the diaper bag. Of course, I ordered it. I had it shipped to my office because I was going to be out of town. After a month of waiting which I felt was a reasonable time for her to make the purse and ship it, I emailed her to let her know that I didn’t receive the purse and wondered what the status was. She shipped the purse and it was delivered to my office on October 6th. The purse never made it to me. I have searched high and low for it. I have talked to the postman hoping that he remembered the box. Asked neighboring businesses to see if it was delivered to the wrong address. No one seems to know where the purse is. The girl that made the purse said that in all the years that she has shipped packages all over the US and Europe, she has never had a package lost. Yes, we have a long list of mail and packages mysteriously missing when they have been delivered to our office. I am having packages delivered to my house now. I think they may be safer sitting at my front door where all can see them sitting there than to have them sent to my office where the package/mail never shows up! If anyone is a detective and would like to solve this case, go at it! I would love you forever!! The diaper bag and the purse had red embroidered initials on each of them. The red set it off and looked very classy.

Thanks for stopping by today! Come back soon! Until then, God Bless You!!

No comments:
Post a Comment